This past year has seen significant advancement in terms of knowledge about caregiving. To wrap things up in style, we’re looking back on our activities and achievements of the last few months (see the full list, below).
In 2023, the Observatory released several original publications that brought reliable and objective knowledge about caregiving to the fore. We also pointed up the achievements of others in the filed, notably with the launch of our Knowledge portal and our Facebook and LinkedIn pages. Lastly, we seized upon opportunities to interact with caregivers and those who support them during meetings and events.
It is with heartfelt gratitude that we wish a very happy holiday season to our partners and collaborators, our readers and all those whose tireless efforts have helped propel caregiver support and recognition into the spotlight.
Looking forward to seeing you in 2024!
A look back at 2023
- Production of the interactive infographic, “What Is a Caregiver? Would You Know One to See One?” .
- Release of Newsletter No. 2.
- Publication of the bilingual Fact Sheet: Financial Support for Caregivers, produced in concert with the Centre for Research and Expertise in Social Gerontology (CREGÉS).
- Online launch of the Observatory’s first activity report (2020-2022).
- Participation in the networking event Journée de l’Appui.
- Release of Newsletter No. 3.
- Official launch of the Knowledge Portal, a cornerstone of the Observatory’s mission to provide reliable and objective information about caregiving.
- Webinar on the caregivers of cancer patients presented with Sylvie Lambert and the Communauté de pratique Proche aidance.
- Publication of the report Who are Quebec’s informal or family caregivers and what kinds of support do they provide? An age- and gender-based analysis .
- Publication of a report on caregiver recognition (currently in French only — English version coming soon) along with a webinar presenting the highlights.
- Online publication of the Observatory’s second annual activity report (2022-2023).
- Participation in the round table on young caregivers (Symposium québécois sur les jeunes aidants) organized by AMI-Québec.
- Presentation and booth at the Journée nationale de concertation en proche aidance, a multi-stakeholder forum organized by the Ministère de la Santé et des services sociaux (MSSS).
- Release of Newsletter No. 4.
- Launch of the Observatory’s English website.
- Presentation at the Canadian Caregiving Summit, hosted by the Canadian Centre for Caregiving Excellence (CCCE)
- Booth at Place aux proches aidant·e·s, an event organized by the TCRPAM (Table de concertation régionale sur les personnes proches aidantes de Montréal).
- Booth at the National Caregivers Week forum and seminar organized by the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Participation in Rendez-Vous Famille Choisie, an event organized by the Fondation Émergence
- Presentation at the half-day training session on gender-based analysis (ADS+) organized by the MSSS and Secrétariat à la Condition féminine
- Publication of two infographics drawn from the report Who are Quebec’s informal or family caregivers and what kinds of support do they provide? An age- and gender-based analysis .
- For caregivers: Between Work, Children and Aging Parents: The Challenges of “Sandwich Generation” Caregivers
- For professionals and other stakeholders: Toward Better Recognition and Support: A Profile of Quebec’s Caregivers