Mission and functions of the Quebec Observatory on Caregiving
Source: An Act to recognize and support caregivers, articles 35 and 36
Need help? →
The purpose of the Observatory is to provide reliable and objective information regarding caregiving through observation, monitoring, analysis and knowledge sharing.
- • Collect, integrate, compile, analyze and disseminate information, in particular of a statistical nature, on caregiving.
- • Monitor the evolution of caregivers’ needs as well as effective and innovative practices, measures and actions, at the national and international levels, to support caregivers.
- • Facilitate the transfer of knowledge for the benefit of the various actors involved in caregiving.
- • Facilitate collaborations regarding caregiving, in particular with university institutions, research centres, other observatories or the government bodies participating in research activities or activities to promote clinical excellence and efficient use of resources in health and social services.
The Observatory also advises the minister responsible for seniors and caregivers by finding and reporting on current or emerging knowledge and trends concerning evaluation approaches and indicators. These indicators measure caregivers’ quality of life, health and well-being; they also gauge the impact of the policy directions, measures and actions set out in the Quebec government’s national policy for caregiversand2021-2026 government action plan .
The Observatory’s target audiences cut across different disciplines and sectors. They include:
- Non-governmental organizations
- Government authorities
- The scientific community
- The health and social services network
- The general public
To explore this section further
Vision and values